Saturday, April 14: “A Night to Remember: An Original Musical Tribute to Titanic"
On the actual anniversary, the museum will be holding a special event with musical performances, historic ceremonies, and appearances by descendents of Titanic’s passengers and crew.
April 12-14: Tim Lightoller visits Titanic Pigeon Forge
Tim Lightoller is the grandson of Titanic Second Officer, Charles Lightoller, and will be visiting the museum to tell his grandfather’s story and to sign his book, “Titanic by C Lightoller.”
April 12-21: First-ever American tour of famed Titanic photo album
Father Francis Browne, a Jesuit priest photographer from Ireland, took some of the only known photographs aboard the Titanic. His photo album has never left Ireland, but is coming to the Titanic Museum in Pigeon Forge for a limited time. See 159 photos documented on 63 pages with handwritten captions. This is definitely a must-see for any Titanic enthusiast.
In addition to these events, the Titanic Museum will be holding book signings throughout the year:
- March 27 – April 1: Steven Hines, "One Newspaper, Seven Days, and the Truth That Shocked the World"
- April 2-7: June McCash, "A Titanic Love Story: Ida and Isidor Straus"
- April 15: Allan Wolf, "The Watch That Ends the Night"
- April 10-26: Bruce Caplan, "The Sinking of the Titanic"
- April 27-29: Yvonne Lehman, "Hearts that Survive, A Novel of the Titanic"
- May 4-6: Lynn (Helen) Sanford, "Starboard at Midnight"
- May 11-22: Lee Merideth, "1912 Facts About Titanic"
- May 23-28: Daniel Butler, "The Other Side of the Night"
There is also a new, limited-time exhibit that goes behind the scenes of James Cameron's Titanic movie. See props, costumes, scripts and other valuable collectibles from the film.
Contact the museum for times and more information at 800-381-7670 or buy museum tickets online.